In January 2011 Continuum Scotland launched an Asian sourcing service initially for small and medium sized enterprises based in Scotland.
This service will typically flow through the following seven stages -:
- Initial meeting or meetings in Scotland to understand the product and/or service.
- Briefing of Continuum China office, including allocation of staff member to the project in China
- Identification of initial potential sources by use of both sourcing databases and personal contact.
- Qualification of sources down to two or three likely manufacturing options including if necessary factory visits.
- Briefing of sources, initial pricing feedback and commissioning of samples.
- Ongoing work including design/development of samples and packaging through to final approved gold seal sample stage.
- Arrangement if necessary of client visit to Asia
The cost of this SME service is £1000, excluding any tooling, sample, shipping or travel costs. 50% of this initial cost would be refundable on payment of deposit money on the first order.